Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Little More B'ham Fun

Before leaving Birmingham, we managed to squeeze in a good bit more fun!

Andrew had his first outdoor swimming adventures with his aunts and uncles! Here he is, trying to relax away the stresses of city life.He did great the first day, but the return trip was not as successful. He fussed a good bit and we eventually reached full meltdown mode. Later, I realized that was the first true meltdown he's ever had. I've got it easy, don't I?Swimming's okay, but calisthenics at home is more Andrew's style.

After all, he's got to get in shape if he ever hopes to keep up with his cousin.Because this little girl...is ready to get her crawl on!

She's also become a rabid catalog shopper! Did you know that? It's true!

"I've torn the whole durn thing apart and still can't find what I want!"
After calisthenics came couch time.Which soon became wrestle time. Mainly because Lily loves Andrew so much she would like to eat him. She is a very sweet girl.
The Hulking Drewsky vs. Lilybit the Lightweight!
Lily claimed the victory, but Andrew says he let her win.After all the baby games, Andrew got in some visits with my dear friends.
And I got to have a girls' night out!
And enjoy a fortuitious meeting with a good ol' buddy!

In sum, Andrew has this to say about our week in Birmingham:
Yep. It was that fun. But we sure were glad to see Jacob at the end of our flight back home. The little guy just giggled and giggled.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you were still here! It was so wonderful@ Big kiss to Andrew!!!Love, Mama

Tricia said...

that child has the BEST facial expressions!!

Wanting What I Have said...

You are such a fun writer! I love reading your blog and seeing all of Andrew's precious expressions! He ALWAYS brings a smile to my face! Glad y'all had fun in the 'ham!

Kimberly said...

Amazing... Love all the pictures!!! We cant wait for yall to come back!!

Kelly said...

Aww..Those pics are so cute and I LOVE the wrestling captions.hilarious :) Wish we could have met up! Maybe next time!

Anonymous said...

What a fun wrestling match Lily and Andrew had - great play by play captions! I'm sure Jacob is happy to have you both home!
Love, Julie