Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Terrific Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we had! We were determined to spend as much time outdoors as possible, to take advantage of the unusually warm weather (high 60s, low 70s!).

Saturday started with a 1st birthday party for the twin girls of my friend, Grace.

Doesn't Andrew look grown-up as he heads to his first ever birthday party?


The girls had gotten so big since I last saw them! Here they are dressed in traditional Korean 1st birthday garb, about to blow out the candles!
Very cute, very yummy cakes!
We had such a good time catching up with our friends from my old job!

We spent the rest of the day walking around the Mall and Capitol Hill for miles and miles. We stopped in at the Capitol Visitor Center and the Library of Congress. I wouldn't put either on your short list of things to see in DC, but they were perfectly nice. Neither Jacob nor I could stand to go back indoors at the end of the day, so we extended the day with burgers on the patio of an English pub in our neighborhood. Fun, fun!

On Sunday, immediately after church, we set out for another afternoon outside. We headed back down to the Mall and eventually decided to go visit the White House. We couldn't approach the South Lawn side because Marine One was taking off, but we enjoyed seeing the North side of the Presidential Mansion.
Andrew seemed delighted to be in the fresh air and sunshine all weekend. And Jacob and I loved studying every little expression and movement he made in the stroller--he's such great entertainment!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! Loved the smocked outfit Andrew wore to the twins' birthday party!

Anonymous said...

I love the last one - SO cute!

Anonymous said...

What is the round thing at the party? Smocked romper so cute! Last pic my fave! Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

I have to know what is the thing that is brown and yellow in front of the twins daddy? I am glad you had such a great weekend we had a good one down in Destin with your Momma and Daddy!
Love Aunt Betty

Family Snodgrass said...

The twins' birthday table was festooned with all sorts of things in keeping with Korean tradition. I'm afraid I don't know what the brown thing is, but lots of the items were fruits.