Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bigger, the Better

Some of you may know that I love, love, LOVE big hair. Fewer of you may know that my Texan husband shares my love for the big 'do. So imagine my delight when I unwrapped a birthday goodie from him last night and found my very own set of Bumpits Volumizing Hair Inserts!


You may scoff, but I've been pining for Bumpits ever since I saw the infomercial back in mid-December, when I was huge with child and not leaving the sofa very often. So I approached this morning's trial run with great trepidation. What if they didn't work? Would I be back to the "spray and pray" method? Was there no way to escape the teasing brush?

But what a relief! See this flat, boring pony?





Now see the flatness disappear and the pony be taken to greater heights!



The second side's a bit messy, but I'm still a Bumpits beginner. Just give it time...I'm gonna be bumpin' things up around here quite regularly!

12 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

OMG...I need those! :-)

Anonymous said...

Go Baby Girl! Big Hair Forever! You look so sweet. Daddy says the pony tail is his favorite hairdo. Love, Mama

EMILY said...

I just got some bumpits too... hope my hair looks as good as yours!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!

Sarah Baggs said...

I do have to say that I laughed out loud when I read your post but now - I think that I may have to get them...but only when the hair is straight.....

LOVE IT!

Wanting What I Have said...

I cannot believe this! My mouth is still hanging open...I have so been thinking about googling how to make a big, messy ponytail...'cause mine always flops...am so going to get those! Your pony looks AWESOME!!!

Wanting What I Have said...

After reading your bumpits post, I went to the website. MW was sitting with me, looking on. After viewing their promo video, MW turned to me and said, "Mom, um, I need some of those. I mean, look at my hair. Is it looking kind of shabby?"

Confessions said...

You should totally be the model for this product. You've got me sold on it!! My pony will hold up for about 10 minutes and then it's boring, boring, boring....You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I agree -you need to be model for the bumpits. Why don't you email the company your before and after photos?

EWP said...

hahahha, omg, I SO need those!

EWP said...

hahahha, omg, I SO need those!

ElissaMLF said...

Elizabeth, I miss you! :) And nice job, Jacob, for knowing your wife so well. I'm impressed (and amused by your love of big hair).