Monday, March 2, 2009

The Baptism of Andrew Thomas

This Saturday, Andrew received the Holy Sacrament of Baptism. We were so thankful that lots of our family came to DC to celebrate this wonderful occasion with us!

Getting ready to go to the church. Andrew wore an antique gown and bonnet from his Grandmama Sullivan, which also were worn a few weeks ago by Andrew's cousin, Lily Rose, when she was baptized.


And blue booties from my cousin, Jennifer.
Andrew at the church with his cousin, Katie!Getting in those last few minutes with the pacifier.Andrew did so well, and didn't cry at all during the Baptism. I think it helped that Father Harris very kindly had heated the holy water just a bit!

My brother Brian and sister-in-law Jen are Andrew's godparents. Since Jen couldn't make it to DC this weekend, my sister-in-law Melissa was very sweet to stand in as her proxy.


Andrew's parents and grandparents.

The Snodgrass side of the family.

The Sullivan side of the family.
After the Baptism, Jacob and I had everyone back to our apartment for a luncheon.




After all that partying, Andrew was pure tuckered out. We put him down for a nap and he's pretty much been sleeping ever since!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photos! Great Day! Happy Birthday Elizabeth!
Love Aunt Betty

Eleanor said...

OH he is just adorable!! He has the sweetest, happiest face!! I am glad y'all are doing well! Congratulations on his baptism!

EMILY said...

beautiful pics!!

Anonymous said...

The photos are wonderful! It looks like it was a joyous occasion.

Jana said...

What a BEAUTIFUL gown he wore!! he is absolutley adorable!! And I'm so impressed you had food at your house afterwards! you look terrific! I hope all is well! Happy Birthday!

Wanting What I Have said...

What a special time for y'all! You looked beautiful, as did Andrew...and that gown and bonnet - OH MY! GORGEOUS!!!! I love the blue ribbon on the candelabra! Y'all are precious!

Wanting What I Have said...

PS - love the blue booties! :)

Anonymous said...

He is soooooooooo cute.