Thursday, December 11, 2008

39 Weeks and a (Last?) Belly Pic

It's hard to believe we've reached the end...and yet still have so far to go!

Here's the update from babycenter:
"Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath."

Finally the fruit matches the feeling! Yes, indeed, I have a watermelon in my tummy. And I wouldn't describe it as all that mini!

Would you???


We call this photo "Cookie Monster Has a Baby!"

Mama has arrived to DC to camp out for the delivery. It's so wonderful having her here! I can't wait until Daddy, my brothers and their families, and my inlaws arrive over the next week or two. It's going to be the most fun!

Mama and I are headed to the doctor in a bit and hope to receive a report including signs of progress!

9 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

Oh, I know you're ready!!! Are you starting to dilate? Not that that means too much, but it's hopeful!
You look GREAT!!!

Wanting What I Have said...

You are SO cute! I CAN'T WAIT to see pictures of the little guy! Tell your sweet Mama hello for me!

Family Snodgrass said...

Lindsay--found out today I'm 1 cm! Yay!

Jennifer--Mama sends her best!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I cannot believe you are about to be a mama!! You look great, and cannot wait to hear great news!!!!

Anonymous said...

You look so great! I can't wait for the arrival!! Love you!

Confessions said...

Ah! You are darling!! I can't wait to lay eyes on that sweet Andrew's pictures! :) I would like to get your address (i still have the one from Charlottesville!) Please email me at futrellkb{at}yahoo{dot}com

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth! It's Courtney (Gover) Eller...stumbled across your site from facebook - hope that baby comes soon! At my 39 week appt. my doctor decided to induce - I'm hoping little Andrew makes his arrival soon. I remember all too well that excited/nervous feeling. Best of luck with everything!
Courtney

Ole Miss Mom said...

ooo..that's how i was with Olivia...and went into labor 5 days early!!! yay! can't wait to see him!

Sarah Baggs said...

I know that you are so excited about the arrival of the little guy! You look wonderful and can't wait to get the news of the little one's arrival!