Wednesday, November 26, 2008

They call him...

...Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning!"

Yep, he did it! Andrew Thomas is now standing on his head!!! No more breech baby 'round these parts!

Our little Flipper had been particularly active yesterday and today, and had had a full out dance party yesterday afternoon while I was lying on the sofa. So when I went to Dr. G today for my weekly checkup, as he was feeling my tummy, I told him that with all the activity I'd lost track of how Baby was positioned. Dr. G said, "Well, I was just thinking that felt like it might be his bottom up top." So we took a peek and sure enough Dr. G said, "Yep. That's a noggin' down below." Yippee!!! I'm pretty sure the dance party was him climbing up and over.

His daddy is so very proud. Jacob said he just knew Andrew would flip when it was time. Why hang out upside down if you don't have to?

So...Dr. G called to cancel the C-section right then and there. And we're back to the original December 19 due date. I suddenly feel like I need to pack a suitcase and install the car seat and put together the bassinette! Eek!!! There's no planning it this way!

Today was my last day of work and the first day of Baby Andrew being considered full term. So here's this week's update from babycenter.com:

"Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."

I think Andrew is probably more than 6 1/3 pounds right now, since he was 5 lbs., 10 ozs. at his ultrasound 2 full weeks ago! This could be a big baby. They're not unheard of in my family. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm not to sure about his new nickname???? I think I will stick with Andrew. What does this do to your parents plans?
Can't wait to get that phone call. Love to you all.

Wanting What I Have said...

Way to move baby Andrew!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about him!!!

Ole Miss Mom said...

Oh my goodness!! That is GREAT!!! Hopefully he won't flip back.

Now, just the waiting game until labor!! :-)

Family Snodgrass said...

Thanks, ladies!

Aunt Betty, I think Mama will still come up here on the same schedule, but we'll have to play it more by ear with Daddy's plans.

EWP said...

OMG congrats!! That's great news!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!