Friday, May 10, 2013

From Preschool Today


Here's the thing:

I really dislike the swings.  I choose playgrounds specifically based on their lack of swings.  When we end up at a playground with the unfortunate presence of swings, I beg off of pushing for as long as I can.  When that fails, I usually give a few half-hearted pushes and a refresher course in pumping legs.

And yet.  This.

Either he is one really brilliant guilt-tripper or his memory is very forgiving.


I'm so thankful to be living my lifelong calling to motherhood, to have been entrusted by God with three precious souls to guide and protect, to experience each day the frighteningly large love I have for my children.  These are blessings I do not deserve, but for which I will be forever grateful. 

I am praying this weekend for all mothers, those whose children are small and grown, here and above, and for all who feel that deep calling to motherhood, whether it has yet been fulfilled or not.  May God bless us all.









3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish there was a like button!

Aunt Betty said...

Or by your rationing of swinging it has made it all the more special.

BettieBoyd said...

He's so grateful that you push him sometimes!