Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

New Year's Eve started with an impromptu dinner party at my parents' house.  This is what I love about having almost all the members of both sides of my family in the same town...you can wake up one morning thinking it will just be a few folks for dinner and by 10 AM, have about 25 people coming over that evening.
 Buddy Boy spent the last hours of 2010 in the arms of his great-aunts and great-grandmothers.
 And loved every minute of it.
Little Guy split his time between rough-housing with the big boy cousins and loving on the little girl cousins.  Equally enjoyable pursuits.
The Mister flew back to Dixie for the weekend.  After dinner, we headed out for a night on the town with my brother and sister-in-law.  Left my parents with bottles and passies and babies sleeping in three bedrooms.  Our primary goal was to find a fun spot with no actual New Year's party going on.  I think we've gotten old.

But we had an awesome time.

New Year's Day found all of us hanging out at my parents' house for a full day of bouncing babies and eating Daddy's prize-winning chili.
 Oh, and most importantly, watching the Tide roll to a huge victory!
 It was a good day.
I got to snap a few photos of my sweet niece.
 Isn't she so pink and pretty?

Happy New Year to you and yours!  Here's to a 2011 that's as good as 2010!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like y'all rang in the new year in grand style - how fun!

Unknown said...

Your niece looks like your peanut! :)