Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Child of God: The Party

Following John Fletcher's Baptism, my parents had the whole gang over for brunch at their house.  Having a multitude of relatives makes a family party so much fun, and getting to celebrate with all of them was one of the main reasons we had John Fletcher baptized in Birmingham.

We were delighted that Jacob's mother was able to join us, even though his father was out of the country and couldn't attend.
Cooing at Grandma.

Smiling with Aunt Buffy.

Having a great time with Eugenie, who is as sweet as they come and a very good babysitter!

Lap time with Aunt Cacky.

Nodding off with GiGi.

Pacified with Aunt Bebe.
Even if we're living far away, I want my boys to know the love of a big ol' family celebration, with multiple generations gathered and everyone enjoying each other.  At one point in the afternoon, I noticed the scene outside looked just like I remember it being when my brothers and I were little.  Children spinnning in circles, and rolling down hills, and grinding grass stains into those Sunday clothes.

Childhood is a beautiful thing!

And you know what?  Parenthood is pretty great, too!

Thank you, Mama and Daddy, for a lovely celebration of our boy's Baptism!
Mama and me.

Daddy with his grandsons.


It meant the world to us to be surrounded by family on this special day.
Jen and me, with our babies.

Leacy and Christian.
Brian's happy family.
Mary Evelyn and Bebe Kate.

The younger set, enjoying 'tea' served by Andrew.

Nana and three of her daughters.
Leacy and Lucy.

And--a gift from Uncle Kent--one last photo of the newly baptized John Fletcher.

3 comments:

Jamie Helms said...

Oh, what a WONDERFUL event! And every needs an Uncle Kent in their lives... her captured a beautiful moment! May the Lord continue to bless you and your fantastic family!

Rhonda Hennessy said...

You look stunning!!! AND you have the most beautiful little boys (I know technically they are handsome, but they have the rest of their lives to use that term :) What a fun day! I thought about you that morning after your fb post about Andrew being a little under the weather on Saturday - so glad everything turned out well!

Also - did you fly alone with TWO boys?? If so, that deserves it's own post as well...

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh this made me cry! I am so happy and so thankful for you that you have such a large, sweet family! How precious that your mama and daddy hosted everyone and that you could all be gathered to celebrate! I am so happy for you! God bless your sweet baby boy and his family!