Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dana + Dan

Dana and I have been friends since 7th grade, when we were assigned lockers near one another because we both had "S" names. This weekend, Dana left that "S" name behind and moved straight to the top of the alphabet with her new husband, Dan! And I got to enjoy a front row seat for all the joy!

Friday night, we gathered for merriment atop Red Mountain in Birmingham.

With the matron of honor, Dana's twin sister, Lauren! {Naturally, she had a locker near mine, too, so we've been friends since grade 7, as well!} What a great view of our fair city.
Saturday, we feasted at a beautiful luncheon and then headed to the church.

Sisters, sisters!
I caught Dana in a moment of repose here, but doesn't she look just like all the models in the bridal magazines?!
The wedding party got to share the couple's limousine for the ride to the reception. So happy!
It was such fun to catch up with high school friends.
And after a delicious dinner and loads of dancing, Dana and Dan were off for the honeymoon!
A wonderful weekend to witness!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy time and what sweet girlhood memories! Love, Mama

Wanting What I Have said...

What a fun weekend!

I LOVE your lavender dress! (First pic) I wish you would take me shopping and coordinate my wardrobe! You have such wonderful, beautiful taste!

Julie said...

Thanks so much for sharing all the beautiful weddings you've attended this year - each one is unique and it's so much fun to see you and all your friends!

Dana said...

I totally never saw these! So fun!