Thursday, October 2, 2008

Give me an "A"! Give me an "N"!...

I'd been eyeing some painted wooden letters to spell out Andrew on the wall of the nursery, but they seemed awfully high-priced for what they are, so on Sunday, Jacob and I set out for the Michael's in Northern Virginia. I was delighted to find plain, white wooden letters, just the size I wanted, and with A,N,D,R,E, and W all available (you know how hard that part is sometimes)!



I grabbed the letters and a few new paints, and got settled in at home for a good ol' craft project! Here they are with their new base colors applied:

And here they are post-polka dotting!

I'm really pleased with how they turned out. They just need one more coat of varnish and they'll be ready for hanging!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did such a great job on those they are sooooooo cute!!! Very clever of you!
Can't wait to see you Saturday and maybe flying will get him to turn around.
Love Aunt Betty

Sarah Baggs said...

Hey! Those letters look great! Hope you are doing well and talk with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

how artsy of you! very impressive!! i love the bright blue!!

Jamie Helms said...

They turned out GREAT, Elizabeth! TOOO cute! I cannot wait to see them hung up on the wall!

The Slagleys said...

These turned out great! I know you are getting excited... it won't be long!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative - they turned out great!!!