Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jamie's Visit!


Work and this whole baby-growing thing have kept me fully occupied the last couple of weeks, so I've fallen woefully behind on my blog posts. And so much has gone on! I'll catch up chronologically.
The weekend before last, we had the most lovely visit from Jamie, my dear friend and college roommate. It was such fun! Jamie had said she didn't care about doing much sightseeing, since she had been to DC several times before. Instead, she just wanted to do funsy things and catch up. Just my style of visit at the moment!

Jacob had been interested in going up inside the Washington Monument, though, so we did decide to do one tourist activity. He went out Saturday morning at 7 AM and waited in line for 1.5 hours to get us tickets for the tour!

Jamie and me at the base of the Monument:



From the top of the 555 foot Monument, you can see DC, Virginia, and Maryland. It was the perfect one-stop sigtseeing tour because we gave a good (air-conditioned) look to the White House, the Capitol, the Jefferson Lincoln Monuments, the World War II Memorial, and even the National Cathedral and the Basilica. Can't beat that in the August heat!







After our Washington Monument tour, Jacob dropped Jamie and me in Georgetown for lunch and some shopping. I got this ever-so-comfy dress!



And then we went to dinner at Jaleo, which is in the main floor of our building and serves the best, most authentic Spanish tapas around!






After dinner, we took a little stroll through Penn Quarter and Chinatown, to show Jamie our 'hood.


Goodbye-time came way too soon! Next time, Jamie, you'll have to bring Alec and stay longer! Thanks for a wonderful visit!





No comments: