Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy 21st!

Baby Snodgrass is now 21 weeks in gestational age:

"Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now."

Sure enough, I'm feeling our baby boy kick quite frequently now, and am really enjoying it! The harder kicks surprise me sometimes--it's such a funny sensation. Just this week, Jacob felt a kick from his son for the first time. He was so proud of his little powerhouse!

And we are really moving along here, size-wise! The portable playground that is my tummy is definitely keeping up, though. Now it's a regular thing for people I don't know to ask when the baby is due or how far along I am!

We got to take another look at Baby today by ultrasound, and it was just wonderful. I can't wait to hold his tiny hand--it looked so sweet on the screen! Unfortunately, no take home pictures this time, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

2 comments:

Confessions said...

How fun to hear from you! Congratulations on your baby!! I had no idea. I know your mama (and entire family) must be beside herself with excitement. I am so happy for you two!

Julie-Anne said...

Aww, I am getting anxious to meet Baby! :) I am always curious to see baby bump progress around this time because I arrived at 25 weeks. The whole gestation process is so amazing to me. Thanks again for keeping us updated!