Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Independence Day

I just love three day weekends, especially when we get to take a mini-vacation. They are just so refreshing! For the Fourth of July, we went straight to Logan Martin Lake to enjoy the holiday with my family. It was a very short trip, since we flew in on Friday and out on Sunday, but we enjoyed every minute of it.


Here's some of the family that came to the lake on the Fourth of July. We got to see parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandmothers. You may think it seems like a big group, but as my Mama said when counting plates, "Do we really only have fifteen people here?" (And I think she was under by one or two.) Big families are such fun!







We had a delicious shrimp boil, made by my Daddy!




And then we enjoyed the annual reading of the Declaration of Independence. This year it was Jacob's turn to do the reading, and he knocked it out of the park!





It was lots of fun getting to hang out with my brother Charles and sister-in-law Kimberly. We were missing my brother Brian and sister-in-law Jen, though!


On Saturday, Jacob did some serious skiing! Last summer was his first time to slalom, but he got right back into the swing of it and stayed up a LONG time. We went 'round and 'round our slough!




Saturday night we got to meet my cousin David's lovely fiancee, Brittany, but I forgot my camera!

On Sunday, it was time to return to the District. It was a short trip, but wonderful!

*All the good photos in this post are courtesy of Uncle Kent, the fabulous photographer--thank you!*


No comments: