Monday, June 2, 2008

Sneak Peek

I ended up going to the doctor yesterday unexpectedly because I've had a couple fainting spells in the last few days, and he wanted me to come in for a blood pressure check. Everything is just fine--Dr. G says Baby Snodgrass is just pushing on the veins that send the blood back up to the heart and brain, and this makes me feel faint. He said it's likely to get worse as Baby grows, but it is no danger to Baby.


Anyway, the exciting part was that on this unexpected visit, the doctor did an unexpected ultrasound! To Jacob and me, it looks just like Baby Snodgrass is relaxing in a little amniotic hammock! He/she is 2 inches long, and looks great.


As soon as Dr. G pushed on my tummy with the ultrasound instrument, Baby Snodgrass threw his/her hand up over its head! Of course, I think it was an obligatory, "Hi, Mommy!" wave. It was the first movement I've seen, and so much fun! Then Baby kicked and wriggled his/her feet. It was the greatest! And the heart was just pitter-pattering away, so all is well. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I have a doctor who does an ultrasound every time--I think this is practically unheard of!

The only bad news is this visit means 4 more weeks until the next sneak peek!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a boy to me... (I just have a feeling)!!! I hate that you are not feeling well. Good news is that you are nearing the end of the 1st trimester and most of the unpleasant sickness will disappear really soon!

- Kimberly

Mama Bird said...

I had the same problems too when I was pregnant but mine was from my blood sugar. They do get worse, but I know you will handle it beautifully! Good luck...can't wait to find out what youre having!

Family Snodgrass said...

Kimberly, you're the first person to predict boy! Every other prediction has been girl. We'll just have to wait and see!

Kristen--me too!

Sarah Baggs said...

Elizabeth -

So excited to be able to keep up with how you are doing! Sounds like the fun is beginning and hopefully you will be feeling better soon! Take care!